Chorley FC Head Grounds Person
Due to our current grounds person accepting an opportunity elsewhere, we have an exciting opening at the club which we would like to fill with a forward thinking, proactive and dedicated person.
If you feel you have the skillset required and would like to contribute to the exciting developments at the club, we strongly urge you to apply.
Please see additional details below and if interested send your CV and accompanying covering letter to email@example.com
Closing date: Monday, January 29 2024.
Start Date: As soon as possible.
We are looking for someone who has:
• Industry experience and preferably qualifications in Sports Turf Maintenance or Turf Science and Sports Ground Management or equivalent.
• Organisational skills and can work under pressure.
• A full, clean driver’s licence.
• An understanding of working within sports grounds.
• Abilities to put policies and procedures in place.
• Organise and lead a team of very helpful volunteers.
Principal Responsibilities will include:
• Preparation and maintenance of the Victory Park playing surface and Victory park stadium.
• Lead of close season pitch preparation within the limits of agreed budget.
• Pitch management throughout the season, including schedules for fertilisers and chemical treatments and remedial techniques.
• Preparation of the playing area pre-match (goalposts and nets, white lines, floodlights, etc.).
• Remedial work post-match (divots, pitch covers, etc.) with the help of a formed team of volunteers.
• Preparation of the stadium for matchday, ensuring that it is safe, clean and in a satisfactory state for public use.
• In collaboration with other staff lead a programme of routine stadium maintenance, using the skills of the team and, where appropriate, external contractors.
• Keeping appropriate records required for good practice and regulatory compliance.
• Ensuring that any volunteer ground staff receive appropriate training to enable them to perform their role safely and effectively.
• Maintaining the register of all the grounds equipment.
• Scheduling testing and maintenance of all the grounds maintenance equipment.
• Maintaining the upkeep and appearance of the external ground infrastructure.
• Controlling waste management on site.
• Ensuring all equipment, machinery and buildings are secure.
• Responding to emergency calls.
• Carrying out gritting, salt spreading, snow clearing around the stadium.
• Ensuring all is done for the club to fulfil all fixtures, including protecting the pitch in extreme weather conditions.
Health and Safety:
• Understand and ensure the implementation of the club’s Health & Safety Policy and Emergency Fire Procedures.
• Carry out weekly tests of any systems in place.
• Report any faulty appliances, damaged equipment, or any potential hazard if unable to correct it.
• Promote safe working practices within the club.
• Audit equipment and outdoor spaces, risk assessments and method statements for work to be undertaken.
• Attend to grounds maintenance contractors working on site.
The job description sets out the main duties of the post at the date when it was drawn up.
Such duties may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the post or the level of responsibility entailed.
A final job description and requirements may be adjusted depending on the skillset and other interests of the successful applicant.
If you would like to apply for the role, please send a covering letter and CV.
If you would like to discuss the role in more detail, please get in touch.