Words Alex Birch | Pictures Stefan Willoughby
HITTING the road to begin our March schedule – old rivals Spennymoor Town lying in wait at the Brewery Field later.
Patchy form from both playoff-chasing sides going into this weekend’s match-up, with each team registering just a single win from their last five Vanarama National League North games respectively.
We’ve got to pick ourselves up after the disappointing result on Tuesday and get ourselves going once again for Spennymoor. A difficult place to go but we’re in the top seven for a reason and we take a massive amount of confidence from that fact – Andy Preece
- Club Spennymoor Town (Moors)
- Founded 2005 (Originally 1904)
- Manager Jason Ainsley (1st season/2nd spell)
- This season 14th in Vanarama National League North (42pts from 32 games)
Earlier this seasonOllie Shenton celebrating his opener in November
A goal in each half saw the Magpies eventually cruise to a 2-0 victory over Moors at HQ back in November.
Ollie Shenton got things going after just four minutes, before Jon Ustabaşı doubled the lead just after the hour. Even a red card for Billy Whitehouse couldn’t derail what was a fully deserved victory for Andy Preece’s side.
Hope + Glory Away Kit
- Venue The Brewery Field (DL16 6JN)
- Kick-off 3pm
- Website spennymoortownfc.co.uk
- Admission Adults £15 | 60+ £10 | Under-18s £5
- Tickets Buy online | Pay at the turnstiles
- Distance from HQ 2hr15mins in the car (113 miles)
See you there!!!