HomeU18'sU18's NewsChorley U18 4-1 Egerton (13/09/2015)

Chorley U18 4-1 Egerton (13/09/2015)

Chorley maintained their fantastic start to the campaign with a hard fought victory against Egerton were the 4-1 score line did not show a true reflection of the game.

Due to injuries, illness and player availability Chorley lined up as a 4-4-2 with Nathan Young starting up front alongside Lewis Kelsall. Chorley tried to stamp there authority on the game from the start but Egerton were not going to make this an easy game as the action went from end to end with few clear cut chances coming. Chorley did come close with a couple of free kicks however the Egerton keeper did well to prevent the young magpies from taking the lead. Unfortunately for Chorley Nathan Young had to leave the field when he picked up a knee injury which may sideline line him for a couple of weeks.

In the 22nd minute Jordan Darr cut inside from the right wing into the box and beat the Egerton defence only to get clipped with the referee correctly awarding a penalty. Ryan Farnworth stepped up and beat the Egerton keeper to take Chorley into the lead. The goal as in previous weeks seemed to settle the Chorley side and football became more free flowing. But the captain Alex Green took a bang in the face which resulted in him leaving the field for treatment and a change of shirt with a bust nose. Into the 39th minute and Chorley extended their lead as Jordan Darr again went on a dazzling run before hitting the ball onto the keeper and into the back of the net.

Just before half time and Egerton had their first meaningful shot at goal as Chorley keeper Luke Rigby pulled off a fantastic diving save to deny a fearsome shot keeping the score 2-0 at half time.

Into the second half and Egerton came out firing in an attempt to catch Kyle Haslam out in the Chorley goal having replaced Luke Rigby at half time, but the Chorley backline stood firm. Chorley thought they had extended their lead further as Kelsall broke free only for the linesman to give a late call for offside decision. However Kelsall did get his goal in the 61st minute as he smashed his shot home from just inside the box. At 3-0 the Egerton lads seemed to drop there heads and Chorley took full advantage as a Kelsall corner was met by Craig Richardson who despatched a thunderous header past the keeper.

Egerton with seemingly nothing to lose really went on the attack now and were rewarded in the 75th minute when they whipped in a free kick that seemed to drift past everyone and into the far corner of the goal.

As the final whistle blew Chorley were once again happy to take all the points and know that next week’s return game will not be an easy one.

Starting XIL Rigby, E Darr, Laithwaite, Richardson, Jabbar, Green, J Darr, Farnworth, Wood, Kelsall, Young

Subs: Haslam, Darcy, C Rigby, H Foulds, Hampson

GoalsFarnworth, J Darr, Kelsall, Richardson

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Facebook Twitter AudioBoom Instagram

Next @ Victory Park

Wednesday February 28th
@ Lancashire FA Head Quarters
Partners Foundation
Challenge Trophy

Saturday March 3rd

On Our Travels

Saturday February 24th

Saturday March 10th