HomeSTATSMatch ReportsSeason 2015/16Curzon Ashton 4-2 Chorley (21/11/2015)

Curzon Ashton 4-2 Chorley (21/11/2015)

Saturday November 21st, 3pm

Chorley let a lead slip for the second time in as many games, this time resulting in a defeat at the hands of Curzon Ashton on Saturday writes Elliott Walsh.

The visitors, playing in their away kit started as brightly as their shirts. Quick passes in the midfield, showing the absence of suspended Dale Whitham wasn't affecting the side, Curzon resorted to niggly fouls to halt the Magpies momentum. Niall Cummins was perhaps incredibly lucky to avoid a red card for an elbow on Andy Teague. It was a spotted by the referee who decided a yellow was enough, maybe due to it being early in the game.

James Dean flicked the ball towards the far post from a cross from the left. He found Hine whose attempt was blocked by Guest. The first clear cut chance of the game fell to Max Cartwright from the resulting corner. The delivery from Bond was knocked down by Charnock to the full back. He drilled the ball left footed over the bar. Although it was to be Curzon who took the lead against the run of play. Alex Brown's through ball found Warburton who beat the offside trap, the former Hyde man rounded Ashton and the tap-in was bread and butter stuff for the striker.

It took Chorley just ten minutes to equalise. Mark Ross found himself in space on the right. He crossed towards Andy Bond who guided the ball into the top corner, beating Hakan Burton in the Curzon goal. Warburton's movement proved to be a thorn in the side for Chorley. He found himself in space on the left hand side and looked to feed Rowney. The pass had just too much on it before Ashton collected.

The Magpies were unable to start the second half in the way they did the first. Neither side created much from open play until a moment of brilliance on the left from Stephenson. His drag back took the defender out of the equation before crossing to Lynch who passed the ball into the net for his first league goal of the season. Having controlled the play you may have been forgiven for thinking that goal was enough for Chorley. But 90 seconds later it was Cummins who found himself one on one with Ashton. He slotted the ball calmly into the back of the net from 15 yards.

Stephenson had a golden chance to make it 3-2. A counter attack from Guy, Stephenson and Bond could have seen a goal. The winger struck from 20 yards when a pass may have been a better option, and though it appeared to take a deflection, a goal kick was the verdict. It was to prove costly. The referee played a good advantage to allow Brooke through on goal. His right foot shot went under Ashton to give Curzon the lead for the second time in the game.

There was time for a fourth too. Brooke added his second of the game as Chorley failed to clear their lines and allowed the hosts to put the game to bed. With minutes remaining Teague had a header cleared off the line but the game was long gone by that point.

Starting XI: Sam Ashton, Mark Ross, Max Cartwright, Andy Teague, Keiran Charnock, Jake Cottrell, Josh Hine, Jack Lynch, James Dean, Andy Bond, Darren Stephenson

Subs: Adam Roscoe, Lewis Guy (Hine, 65), Dean Rittenberg (Lynch, 80), Paul Jarvis, Lloyd Rigby

Goals: Matt Warburton (17), ANDY BOND (27), JACK LYNCH (59), Nail Cummings (61) Ryan Brooke (78, 81)

Att: 425 Man of the Match: Jack Lynch

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Facebook Twitter AudioBoom Instagram

Next @ Victory Park

Wednesday February 28th
@ Lancashire FA Head Quarters
Partners Foundation
Challenge Trophy

Saturday March 3rd

On Our Travels

Saturday February 24th

Saturday March 10th