HomeSTATSMatch ReportsSeason 2015/16Chorley v Hednesford Town (17/10/2015)

Chorley v Hednesford Town (17/10/2015)

Saturday October 17th, 3pm

One point gained or two lost?  That was the question asked at the end of the game after the Magpies came from behind to lead two-one, then end up drawing the match against fellow mid-table side Hednesford Town.

Before the game kicked off Matt Jansen had to rethink his plans following Dale Whitham pulling up in the warmup, Lewis Guy replacing the midfielder on the bench.

After a slow start to proceeding James Dean riffled a shot at goal, but Darren Stephenson inadvertently deflected his teammate’s effort over the bar then Josh Hine swung a cross in from the right but Stephenson sliced his effort wide.

Tom Thorley scuffed Town’s first chance of the game, then Andy Bond delivered a peach of a cross to Dean, but the striker headed over the best chance of the half.

A rejuvenated Harry Winter pinged a shot inches wide then Stephenson tested Lloyd Ransome in the visitors goal; the keeper saving with his legs.

Matt Regan shot straight at Sam Ashton after a mazy run with the final action of the opening 45 minutes; the side going in at the interval without scoring.

After the restart Sean Williams lifted the ball to Ahmed Obeng, but Ashton sped off his line to clear the danger.

Chris Doyle was bought into the action to replace the injured Keiran Charnock.

Ben Bailey tired his luck from distance but failed to hit the target, but Adam Thomas didn’t miss on 63 minutes, heading in despite Ashton’s attempts to prevent the ball crossing the line.

Jansen responded to going a goal down by bringing Marcus Carver into the action; adding a striker in place of a midfielder by withdrawing Winter.

Carver was straight into the action, crossing for Hine but the effort went wide, but eleven minutes from time the Accrington loanee levelled to scores.  A high ball into the box saw Ransome race to the edge of his area to deal with the delivery, but he collided with his own teammate, Tyrone Williams, and Carver slotted into an empty net.

Three minutes later the Magpies were in front.  Great wing play from Stephenson gave him the space to cross the ball and Hine headed in from close range to complete the turnaround.

However, the win wasn’t to be and from a corner Kennedy Digie was allowed far too much time and space in the box, heading home unchallenged from a Thorley free-kick.

So at the final whistle, was it one point gained or two lost??

Next up for the Magpies is the small matter of the four qualifying round FA Cup tie on Friday evening when we travel to Cheshire to face Northwich Victoria at Wincham Park.  Click here to find out travel details – were already filling up our third supporters coach!

Starting XI: Sam Ashton, Mark Ross, Paul Jarvis, Andy Teague, Keiran Charnock, Jake Cottrell, Josh Hine, Harry Winter, James Dean, Andy Bond, Darren Stepehenson

Subs: Chris Doyle (Charnock, 55), Marcus Carver (Winter, 66), Lewis Guy, Jack Lynch, Adam Dodd

Att: 1,057

Goals: Adam Thomas (63), MARCUS CARVER (79), JOSH HINE (82), Kennedy Digie (85) Man of the Match: Jake Cottrell

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Facebook Twitter AudioBoom Instagram

Next @ Victory Park

Wednesday February 28th
@ Lancashire FA Head Quarters
Partners Foundation
Challenge Trophy

Saturday March 3rd

On Our Travels

Saturday February 24th

Saturday March 10th