Victory Park has been the home of the Magpies since 1920 when it was opened and named to commemorate the end of the First World War
Prior to 1920 the club have played at three other venues. The first home for the the Magpies was in the town centre, on Dole Lane, near where the Chorley Little Theatre now stands. In 1901 the club moved to Rangletts Recreation Ground, which is situated next to Victory Park before moving again in 1905 to St Georges Park, the then home of the now defunct Chorley St Georges FC.
The final move came when the club purchased the land of the old ash tip next to Rangletts in 1919 for the princely sum of £868. After some preparation work on the site the ground was opened in 1920.
Disaster struck the club in November 1945 when the wooden main stand was destroyed by fire shortly after a crowd of over 4,000 had watched the Magpies beat Football League club Accrington Stanley in the first leg of an FA Cup first-round tie.
The record attendance at the ground was set on November 15th 1923, when Darwen visited for an FA Cup tie - 9,679 turned up to attend the game.
In the summer of 2010 leading motor dealership The Chorley Group signed a deal to become the main club sponsor for the 2010/11 season, with the ground being renamed The Chorley Group Victory Park Stadium. The Chorley Group, which has its headquarters in Chorley and other outlets in Preston, Wigan, Burnley and Blackpool, had previously enjoyed a successful two-year association with the club between 2007 and 2009 when the ground was renamed The Chorley Nissan Victory Park Stadium.
Seating for: 900
Covered Capacity: 2,800
Disabled Facilities Available
Car Parking: Limited match day parking, contact club for details
Last Updated on Wednesday, 27 June 2012 22:55